Sunday, April 13, 2008

Momma's Choco Chip Cookies

Have been on a long hiatus for various reasons... but I'm finally back in the food blogging scene.
It's been almost a year since I've graduated from University and now, getting almost used to the mundaneness of the working corporate lifestyle.

Out of sheer boredom today, pulled out all of my cooking equipments and once again - The Novice Baker is back!

Here's sharing my love to all my lovely readers: My family's choco-chip cookie recipe is out! Enjoy.

I miss baking... :)



Ingredients:

200g butter
130g brown sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
2 eggs
300g self-raising flour
180g Chopped Almond
100g Chocolate Chip
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

1. Preheat oven @ 150 degrees celcius
2. Soften butter. Add sugar and beat in till light brown.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla essence, golden syrup and beat well.
4. Add the flour and mix well to form stiff dough.
5. Add the chopped almond and chocolate chips.
6. Roll mixture into small balls. Place on baking tin allowing room for cookies to expand.
7. Bake at 150-deg (middle shelf) for 20-25 minutes till light brown.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

An Economist Baker said...

I haven't been baking recently as well as I'm so busy with a temporary assignment. And your cookies look really delish. :) Hmm. Maybe I should whip up a batch this weekend.

-piggy- said...

hey just to ask, what is golden syrup? isit like honey or maple syrup? thanks :D

The Novice Baker said...

To: an economist baker
hi there! thanks for visiting. :) hope you did whip up something that weekend... been so busy at work that I missed your comment. Cheers.

The Novice Baker said...

To: -piggy-
Golden syrup isn't honey or maple syrup. It is thicker than that.You can get it off leading supermarkets or even phoon huat. See the following link for more information. The top right hand picture is the one that is sold in SG.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup

Hope this helps!

-piggy- said...

hey the novice baker, thanks alot for the link! i would be baking these cookies real soon (: